Tuesday, October 2, 2012

Greek-Style Pasta Salad

Greek-Style Pasta Salad


This past Sunday was a perfect day to play catch-up on my blog. With a late afternoon football game, rainy, gray skies and the fact that I bounced out of bed at 6:30am, there was no reason not to cook all day (and sneak in a yoga class, too)! The rainy day and cooler air definitely made for heavier recipes, relying less on salad greens as the foundation and more on heartier ingredients. Also, seeing as I was determined to make multiple salads, these are all extremely quick and easy. Hope you enjoy! Bon appetit!



Ingredients:

  • 1 box farfalle pasta (I use Barilla Plus)
  • 1-2 cups fresh spinach
  • 1/2 cup kalamata olives, pitted and sliced in half
  • 1/4 cup sun-dried tomatoes, slivered (not packed in oil)
  • 1/4 cup red onion, diced
  • 1/2 cup feta cheese
  • balsamic vinaigrette*
  • olive oil*
  • salt & pepper*
Cook pasta to taste (if you really don't know how to cook pasta, there are directions on the box). Drain pasta and set in bowl to cool. (Use this time to prep your other ingredients) 

Once pasta has cooled to room temperature, combine all ingredients in large mixing or serving bowl. Serve and enjoy!

*I didn't measure any of these ingredients. I drizzled both oil and vinegar, added salt & pepper, and just tasted as I went until I liked the flavor. If I had to guess, I would say I used about 1/4 cup of oil and vinegar combined.

No comments:

Post a Comment