Friday, October 19, 2012

Arugula & Pine Nut Salad

Arugula & Pine Nut Salad

with Fresh Lemon & Sheep's Milk Parm


It was a strange week for me eating wise. Although I was working out just as much if not harder than usual, my appetite was relatively non-existent which made it difficult to create any kind of interesting meals. Perhaps it's not all that original a recipe, but seeing as I wasn't up for eating anything heavy, the idea of fresh, crisp arugula with a hint of lemon sounded just perfect this week. Knowing that I was going to post this salad and that arugula tossed in lemon juice wasn't going to appeal to too many folks on it's own, I decided I needed to spice up the salad just a little. With some toasted pine nuts and a couple shavings of fresh Pecorino (I always opt for sheep's milk-based cheese when possible because it's healthier and I find it has so much more flavor), I had myself a light and delicious salad that I'm pretty sure I could eat for days. Hope you like it as well. Bon appetit!


 Ingredients*:
  • 2-3 cups fresh arugula
  • 1/8 cup raw pine nuts (unsalted)
  • 1 1/2 Tbsp olive oil
  • 1/2 lemon, juiced
  • 2 shavings Pecorino Romano cheese
  • salt & pepper to taste
Toast pine nuts on a tray in toaster oven, 2-4min or until light golden brown. Toss all ingredients in a large bowl, less the cheese. Once greens are evenly coated with oil and lemon, plate salad. Add shavings to top and, voila! Enjoy!

*serves 2

 

No comments:

Post a Comment