Thursday, October 11, 2012

Ultimate Fall Salad

Baby Spinach & Macoun Apple Salad

w/ Walnuts, Red Grapes & Aged Goat Cheese


If you haven't figured it out yet, let me make it clear -- I am obsessed with fall. Like beyond obsessed, which is why there have been so many trips to local farms and use of fall fruits and veggies in my recent posts. It's also fair to say that I am on a serious spinach and Macoun apple (my absolute fav apples when in season) kick right now, hence this week's salad. I made this salad a couple of times trying different cheeses and dressings until settling on the following recipe. (Side note, the aged goat cheese is a hard cheese, delish, and a new find for us) I gotta say, it's pretty damn good and pairs perfectly with this weather. I hope you enjoy! Bon appetit!


Ingredients*: 
  • 2-3 cups baby spinach
  • 1/2 Macoun apple, sliced thin
  • 1/8 cup chopped walnuts
  • 1/2 cup red grapes
  • 1 Tbsp olive oil**
  • 2-3 Tbsp of balsamic vinegar**
  • salt & pepper to taste (optional)
In a large mixing or serving bowl combine all ingredients and toss. Plate and serve. Voila!

*Serves 2-4
**Can substitute oil & balsamic with the following: oil and apple cider vinegar (same proportions) or 2 Tbsp Lucini Italia Fig & Walnut Savory Balsamic Vinaigrette

No comments:

Post a Comment