Tuesday, February 12, 2013

The Quickie

Avocado, Feta, Tomato & Mixed Pepper Salad


It seems that salad greens of any sort are always the first to run out in my house. This is probably because I use them for more than just salad, but regardless by middle/end of the week my fridge is usually stocked with veggies sans the greens. This was just the case the other night when I came home late one evening starving. I hadn't eaten dinner (did I mention it was late?) and wanted something before crashing but nothing heavy. Naturally, I started to rummage around for salad fixings and realized I was out of greens. Too hungry and too tired to think of a new game plan, I started pulling out whatever veggies were left and made the delish concoction below. This literally took about 7 minutes to make and hit the spot. Sometimes that's all you need. Hope you enjoy! Bon appetit!


Ingredients:
  • 1/2 avocado
  • 1 oz sheep's milk feta
  • 1/2 green pepper
  • 1/2 red pepper
  • 1/2 cup grape tomatoes, sliced in half
  • 3 hot peppers
  • 1/2 Meyer lemon
  • 2 tsp olive oil
  • salt & pepper, to taste
In a bowl combine all ingredients. Stir until thoroughly mixed. Enjoy!

No comments:

Post a Comment