Wednesday, January 16, 2013

Playoffs Salad Round II

Baby Spinach Salad

with Granny Smith Apple, Walnuts & Brie


Last weekend was packed with great football. I woke up Sunday morning beyond excited for the Pat's game, and we decided last min to have some people over to watch. This of course meant preparing a feast of snacks. I knew that I wanted to make a healthy version of some of my fav pub food and I wanted a salad to pair with it. I also knew that I had about an hour to prep and cook everything seeing as we had to take the tree down (I know, we've been busy!) and I had to shop. Luckily I was able to get it all done by game time and if you follow me on Instagram you've seen the spread I put out- it was intense. I went with this salad for a couple reasons. 1. It's super easy, quick and delish. 2. I felt that the brie added an indulgence that for me is synonymous with football snacks/pub fare. The salad turned out great and as you can see below I made A TON. I kept the dressing on the side so the good news is that we had yummy leftovers for lunch and dinner this week. Hope you enjoy as much as we did. Bon appetit!



Ingredients (for single serving):
  •  1-2 cups baby spinach
  • 1/4 granny smith apple, sliced thin
  • 1/8 cup walnuts, halved or chopped
  • 1/8 oz brie (if you want a healthier version swap regular brie for goat brie)
  • 1 Tbsp Fig-Walnut Vinaigrette*

Put brie in fridge to harden (makes it easier to slice). Slice apples. Plate spinach. Top with apple, brie and walnuts. Let salad sit until brie has softened. Dress and serve. Enjoy!

*I use Lucini which can be found at Whole Foods or online here.

No comments:

Post a Comment