Wednesday, January 2, 2013

Keeping it Simple... and Light

Arugula & Tomato Salad 

with walnuts

New Years Day turned out to be a day of nursing the sick. It also meant an opportunity to finally get past the holidays and back to normal, healthy meals. I woke up New Years morning craving seafood. I wanted everything from New England clam chowder to filet of sole. A quick trip to Whole Foods to get the necessary meds for the ill boyfriend led me to exploring the fish counter. Without hesitation, I immediately decided that crab cakes would be the dinner that rang in 2013. After getting home with the groceries, I also realized that I didn't plan a single side dish let alone a salad. Luckily I had a few staples in the house which led me to this super simple, super healthy and super tasty salad below. It is by no means creative genius, but it leaves plenty of room for those that want to add ingredients and spice it up. It's a great compliment to any light seafood meal and I hope you enjoy it as much as we did. Bon appetit!

Ingredients:
  • 2-3 cups arugula
  • 1 cup grape tomatoes, halved
  • 1/4 chopped walnuts
  • 1/2 lemon, juiced
  • 1 Tbsp olive oil
  • salt & pepper to taste
 In a mixing or salad bowl combine all ingredients. Toss until evenly coated with lemon juice & olive oil. Plate & serve. Enjoy!



No comments:

Post a Comment