Tuesday, September 4, 2012

Blackberry Steak Salad

Blackberry Steak Salad

A Bittersweet End to Summer

It has been a few weeks since I posted my last salad recipe. This doesn't mean I haven't been making and eating salads, only that I have been making and eating some old favs instead of new gems (I'm convinced that this has to do with the change in seasons - I am a very seasonal eater). So, determined to get the creative juices flowing again, I went to Wilson Farm last week seeking inspiration in the last of the summer produce. Within moments of being there, I spotted amazingly plump, locally grown and super sweet blackberries. I couldn't resist designing a salad around these beauties, and they were too good to turn into a reduction; these babies needed to be the spotlight. The salad was good, and can certainly be modified to meet dietary needs. However, I think that the combo of the seasoned steak with the fresh berries is what really made this a special dish. Bon appetit!


On a large plate place the following:
  • 1-2 cups mixed greens
  • 1 baby Kirby cucumber, sliced thin
  • 2 tsp slivered almonds, roasted & unsalted
  • 1/2 cup blackberries
Drizzle 1 tsp of olive oil and 1 Tbsp of balsamic vinegar over the salad. Add salt & pepper to taste. 

Top salad with:
  • 3oz lean, steak* (this was a rib eye cut)
*steak was seasoned with Bosari original seasoned salt and grilled to medium.
 

No comments:

Post a Comment