Wednesday, August 8, 2012

Off the Mat and Into the Kitchen

An OM-age to my Yoga Instructor


As you know from my last post (and undoubtedly from my Facebook feed if we're FB buddies), I am absolutely obsessed with my gym, soul.train., and absolutely adore one of my yoga instructors, Erica Bornstein. So, when she posted the ingredients to her favorite salad on my wall, I promised that I would make it. I mean she's never led me astray on the mat, so I couldn't imagine this salad could be anything short of fab.

After a super sweaty "Rock Your Core" yoga class with Erica on Monday night, I wanted nothing more than a quick, delicious, healthy and filling salad. Mind you, I had completed Anthony's Outdoor Boot Camp prior to yoga, so my stomach was empty and I was starved! Luckily, I had all the ingredients I needed for Erica's salad- I admit, I intended to make it last week but my schedule just got too crazy- so it was the perfect night to try this new and borrowed recipe. I tweaked it slightly, but with permission of course ;). Thank you, Erica! Bon appetit!
  
In a mixing bowl, toss: 
  • 1 cup mixed salad greens 
  • 1 tsp olive oil
  • 2 tsp balsamic vinegar
Plate greens.

In same (and now empty) bowl, toss:
  • 1 cup grape tomatoes 
  • 2 spears, hearts of palm, sliced
  • 1 ear fresh corn, (I only had cooked ear of corn, so used that instead of raw), kernels only 
  • 1/4 red onion, sliced thin
  • 1/4-1/2 avocado, sliced
  • 1oz fresh mozz, cubed
  • 1 Tbsp balsamic vinegar 

Top plated greens with mixture and enjoy!

No comments:

Post a Comment