Friday, June 29, 2012

Spinach, Blueberry & Heart of Palm Salad

Two of my girlfriends came over for dinner the other night, another one of those hot, humid New England evenings. It was one of those nights that you're super hungry after a long work week (it was a Friday) but also too hot to think of stomaching anything heavy. I had absolutely no inspiration for a salad recipe other than randomly deciding I wanted heart of palm. So, I decided that I would let the market determine the remaining ingredients based on what looked fresh and appetizing. After a quick trip to Trader Joe's (whose produce I only buy in the summer months), I came back with the following items and some chicken sausages; which I discovered while eating the leftovers really should have gone in the salad as it was even tastier that way. Even with the sausages on the side, the salad was a total success and enjoyed by all. Hope you like it too!



In a large mixing or salad bowl combine:
  • 1 package triple washed baby spinach
  • 1/2 pint blueberries
  • 3 heart of palm sliced into 1/2 inch rounds
  • 1/3 cup of shelled and salted pistachio nuts
  • 2 oz plain goat cheese
Top the salad with:
  • 2 Tbsp strawberry vinegar (I use Pr1ma which you can order through the Olive House)
  • 1 Tbsp olive oil
  • Salt & Pepper to taste



No comments:

Post a Comment