Thursday, November 15, 2012

Rustic Baby Kale Salad

Rustic Baby Kale Salad

with Dried Apricots, Dried Cherries, Roasted Pecans & Feta


This week was loooong. Not the unenjoyable long, but the I bought groceries for the week on Sunday and still haven't found the time to cook most of it cause I've been going around the clock long. So when Thursday night rolled around and I realized that I hadn't planned a salad for this week nor made one yet, I started to rummage through the kitchen looking for goodies. It's only fair to admit here that I keep a pretty well stocked household, especially when it comes to nuts, dried fruits and cheeses, and that has helped to provide last-minute healthy meals on a number of occasions. Tonight's salad was no exception. I had some baby kale in the fridge which I had never used as a salad base before (and boy was it good!), so figured a rustic, rummaged route was the way to go. Turned out to be pretty delish and def filling. And yes, it really is the worlds easiest salad- no chopping even! Bon appetit!

Ingredients:
  • 1-2 cups baby kale
  • 1/8 cup dried, unsweetened cherries
  • 1/8 cup dried, un-sulfured apricots
  • 1/4 cup roasted pecans
  • 1/4 cup feta cheese
  • 2 Tbsp balsamic vinaigrette (use dressing of choice here- I used a bottle this week)
Place all ingredients in a large bowl and mix well until evenly coated. Plate and serve. Enjoy!

No comments:

Post a Comment