Monday, July 23, 2012

Arugula & Hazelnut Salad

Arugula & Hazelnut Salad

with Fresh Nectarines

This weekend was one of those perfect New England weather weekends; clear blue skies, bright sun, and no humidity. Sunday afternoon, my boyfriend and I found ourselves at Wilson's Farm in Lexington, MA. For those of you who lie in the Boston area, this farm is a must! Not only is their produce some of the best I've ever tasted (not to mention a fabulous meat section and to-die-for bakery), the atmosphere is so calming it's almost therapeutic. Yesterday was no exception. The store was brimming with fresh picked fruits and veggies, and my mind was spinning with salad ideas!  

Seeing as I was overwhelmed by the titillating selection of gorgeous produce in front of me, I decided this salad recipe would be dictated by the rest of our meal, making it a complimentary dish as opposed to the main star. After landing on a meal of lamb chops and fresh corn on the cob (yes, grown there and oh so good), I knew that the sweet and sharp blend of arugula was going to be the base of this salad creation. 

I think it's fair to say that this is one of the simplest recipes and possibly my favorite salad to date. In fairness, the super fresh and in season ingredients have a lot to do with that, but regardless this was definitely a hit on our household. Bon appetit!



In a large bowl combine:
  • 2 cups fresh arugula
  • 1/4 cup large hazelnuts, crushed
  • 1 fresh nectarine, sliced
Top salad with: 
  • 2 Tbsp white balsamic vinegar 
  • 2 tsp olive oil
  • salt & pepper to taste
Toss and enjoy!

No comments:

Post a Comment