Thursday, December 6, 2012

Italian Style Steak Salad

Italian Style Steak Salad


Last week proved to be quite hectic with the holiday season just beginning. With a number of parties and projects in the works, I had little-to-no time to grocery shop let alone make a salad. However, guilt pangs began to strike as Friday rolled around and I had not yet posted (yes, I know I'm still one week behind- don't worry I'll catch up soon promise!). So amidst an evening filled with holiday season project #2, I managed to scrummage through the pantry and pull together a dinner. No, I don't just happen to keep filet mignon in the house- that ingredient I did have to pick up but the rest was all here. This super simple, thrown together dish turned out to be delish. Three of us cleaned our plates. I think my only tip would be to get pitted olives so you don't choke your guests (sorry, Hannah!). Not sure why I labeled this Italian-style. I guess that the combo of olives, artichoke hearts and sun-dried tomato reminded me of an antipasto. Hope you enojy. Bon appetit!


Ingredients*:
  • 1 filet mignon
  • 1 cup mixed greens
  • 1/2 cup artichoke hearts, packed in water
  • 6 Kalamata olives
  • 1/4 cup sun-dried tomatoes (not in oil)
  • 2 Tbsp balsamic vinaigrette (of choice)
Season steaks with Bosari. Set oven to broil on high heat (or grill steaks outside). Cook steaks ~10min or until just under done to taste. Pull from oven and let rest.

While steaks rest, combine the greens, olive, artichoke hearts, sun-dried tomatoes and dressing in a mixing bowl. Toss until evenly coated. 

Slice steak. Plate salad and top salad with steak. Enjoy!

*Measurements are for one serving.

No comments:

Post a Comment